Sunday, November 15, 2015

Virginia Take 2

November 5th had us driving back over the Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel (eek!). We headed 54 miles over to Hampton, VA and The Colonies RV Park. It was a cool area right down the road from Fort Monroe, which - I can't lie - has me seriously wanting a place with a moat someday.

Um, yes please!
The RV park was on a little barrier island with a 'private' stretch of beach. It was perfect for taking the dog out. There was rarely anyone there so I was a rebel and let her run around.

Beware rogue teeter-tottering youth
The weather left something to be desired, so we spent quite a bit of time inside just relaxing.

It's a hard life
Mmmmm bacon
We only stayed 3 nights in Hampton, it was more of a stop-over location for us. On the 8th we hit the road again - but only a short 40 miles into Williamsburg, VA where we stayed a full week at the American Heritage RV Park

There is a lot of things to do and see in the Williamsburg area. We went to the Yorktown Battlefield and explored parts of Yorktown itself.
This is my BOOM stick
Le Poseurs
Victory Monument in Yorktown
We also went to the Jamestown Settlement - it was really interesting but I didn't get very many pictures. Oops!
A random cross, because I have to put a picture :)
Main road through Jamestown Settlement
On the 13th Jason was FINALLY able to take his hunting dog to get some birds. The east coast doesn't have much public land so we had to go to the Orapax Hunting Preserve. All in all it was a good experience though! Emma had more fun than I can even describe, and Jason walked away with a chukar and three quail. I think the boys favorite park was cleaning the birds, but I'll spare you the pictures.
Get some!
On the evening of the 13th and the day of the 14th I went to a Homeschooling Conference by the ladies at Wild + Free. I highly recommend them if you are a homeschooling mama. I'm still really struggling with the finding the "right" way to do it for our family.

1 comment:

  1. Hi guys. It's Rick at Beaver Coach Sales & Service. I hope you're having a blast out there traveling. Really enjoying the updates.

    ReplyDelete