Sunday, August 23, 2015

Into Big Sky Country

We headed out late morning on Saturday the 22nd so that we would have time to stop and wandering around Sand Point, ID on our way over to Montana. It was an adorable little town right on the water. We found a spot to stash the Beaver then went walking. We found the city beach less then a mile from where we were and it was amazing. Did I mention that forest fires are horrible in the Northwest right now? Even with the smoke the view was gorgeous!

Amazeballs

From there we looked at the little downtown shops and stumbled on a great farmer's market. There was live music (even a sax - Porter was stoked!), produce, crafts, goat cheese (thumbs up from the boys!), gluten free treats, fresh honey, you name it.

Noms!!!

I honestly was really loving this little town until I saw this. 

No. Thank. You.
Polite pass.

We drove 190 miles total and ended up in Polson, MT at the Eagle Nest RV Resort. It wasn't our first pick at almost $60 a night, but the Big Arm State Park was completely full. We could've driven around looking for a cheaper spot, but a 40 foot Beaver with an FJ attached and mountain bikes on the back of that? Not really something you hunt in. All in all it was a nice restful place. I was able to wash all the bedding in their laundry room, and they had a book exchange. Yeah baby!

New Harper Lee. FOR FREE.

Oh! And I finally got my USA state map put up. I really didn't want to put it on the paint and defile the majestic Beaver, so we stuck it on the inside of one of the bay doors. I can't wait until there's more filled than not!

I'm gonna fill you up little buddy

4 comments:

  1. This is so exciting!! I can't wait to read all about your adventures. 😊😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second Stacy, love the map! When we drove from CA to NJ, I wanted to do something similar. I can't wait to see it filled up! ....and Jersey be in the mix. 😍

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I'm catching up on all the posts I missed. Score on the market and free Harper Lee. I love the map you put up, looks cool. Go beave mobile, go!

    ReplyDelete