Friday, September 4, 2015

More Nebraska-ing

On September 2nd we drove 143 miles to Nebraska City, Nebraska where we stayed at the Victorian Acres RV Park. I'm not sure what the 'Victorian' part was, but it was a nice campground. Just past the RVs was a beautiful path that I was able to take Emma down.

Where the wild things are

The poor thing got absolutely covered in little stickers. In hindsight it was a perfect picture moment, but I got sidetracked by the full 30 minutes of pulling the little suckers out of her coat. Oh the joy of pets :)

Nebraska City is a pretty small place with just over 7,000 people, but there was actually quite a few things to do. We went to the Nebraska City Museum of Firefighting. The gentleman that volunteered at the front desk was very friendly. It was obviously a less than exciting position though, he followed us through the entire museum and talked Jason's ear off.

The see me rollin'

I'm not quite sure what this expression is

After the museum we went to the "farmers market" (and I use the term very loosely). I guess I shouldn't have been expecting much, but it was the smallest market I've ever seen. We wandered around downtown after that, but it was 100* out - which just makes for cranky everyone.

There was a toy store on the 'things to do' list that was a bust, but next door to it was the craziest antique/junk/you name it shop ever! It was a 2 story house and I'm guessing the upstairs was where the gentleman that ran it lived? The downstairs though... if I didn't think it would have offended him, I would've taken pictures. There was just SO MUCH STUFF. Everywhere. Stuff on top of stuff on top of that stuff. Anything you can think of? It was there. Old milk jugs? Check. Rusted car parts? Check. Glass vases? Hundreds of them. Old records? Yep. A full set of 'NSync dolls? You know it!

I was finally able to find a small, but still heavy, vase for fresh keeping fresh flowers in the Beaver. The one I first picked out was apparently "super rare". It looked like a plain glass jug to me, but dude wanted $20 for it. Um...  I'll take the "regular" one for a buck, thank you very much.

Everyone loves a decorated Beaver!

After the downtown shenanigans we drove over to the Arbor Lodge State Historical Park, which was just beautiful. Like I said before though, it was hot and we were all over it. I hopped out of the car to take some pics of the mansion there. It's the former estate of the founder of Arbor Day. I wish we'd gotten there earlier in the day for the tour. The place looked amazin

Not to shabby

By Friday the 4th we were off again, and getting soooo close to our Branson, Missouri destination. I'll leave you with a picture from my morning walk with Emma

Sunrise is beautiful, I just wish it didn't start so early 

No comments:

Post a Comment