Sunday, September 20, 2015

Fulltime Families Rally in Branson

Sunday, after 201 miles and over 3 hours of driving, we finally made to America's Best Campground in Branson, Missouri - our entire reason for high-tailing it across the country. Why Branson? Why Missouri? Sometimes you just need to surround yourself with like minded people. To reassure yourself that you aren't in fact (overly) crazy, and your children aren't going to turn out strange just because you decided to go against the norms. Enter the Fulltime Families "Not Back to School" rally.

And this is BEFORE everyone arrived
Booyah!
Crotch flop!
Like I mentioned before, this group of fulltime, traveling, RV living, not retired-and-super-old, people - are some of the best people I've had the good fortune to meet. We've already been missing friends and family, and this is like an extended family on the road.

The rally itself was only a few days long, Thursday to Sunday, but we stayed at ABC for a full 2 weeks knowing there would be others hanging around. We did so much. A group trip to the The Titanic Museum, a surprising enjoyable show from Shoji Tabuchi, and "Fifi", a B-29 Superfortress, flew in as part of the Commemorative Airforce tours - so we went over to check it out.

This isn't Fifi, but she's still a looker
We did have to miss a few of the activities though, and not because we had something better to do. Oh no. Most mornings I walk Emma, but on Saturday morning Jason was kind enough to let me sleep in and he took her out.

But ...

Then the phone rang.

Emma got sprayed IN. THE. FACE. By a skunk.

Not once.

Oh yes, our supposedly highly intelligent dog, she went back for seconds.


Why you so mean to me guys?
OMG. The SMELL. Make it STOP.
I didn't understand the full extent of the HORROR that is skunk spray. I wish I had never found out. But despite that mishap, the trip was well worth it. The boys really enjoyed being able to spend time with other kids.

The original grass surfers
The final night of the rally was 80s prom theme. Seriously, how much fun is that?

Christmas card pic material?

Final night group pic

I wear your Grandma's clothes. I look incredible.
P.I.M.P.

1 comment:

  1. Jason & Misty, I'm so glad you guys are out seeing the U.S. and having fun. Also glad that you are enjoying that Beaver.

    Rick

    ReplyDelete